New UserOS column – starting May 2010 issue of Australian PC User
I’ll be starting a new column in the May 2010 issue of Australian PC User magazine, looking at Linux from the perspective of Windows users coming new to Linux. We’ll be using the current UserOS operating system of the time as the basis for discussion. We’ll look at how to set up the operating system as well as explain how you do things in Linux that you’d recognise from Windows. For example, we’ll look at Terminal (Linux equivalent of the DOS prompt) and see what it can do.
UserOS Ultra 9.10 is available as of today on the April 2010 cover disc of Australian PC User magazine. You’ll also find tools for burning it to a bootable CD-R as well as exclusive tools for copying it to a USB flash drive.
UserOS Ultra 9.10 is only 502MB in size but is loaded with extras including PVR (personal video recorder) software as well as spreadsheet, word processing, image editing, DVD player, iPod syncing and more.
- UserOS Ultra 9.10 – out next week in PC User April 2010 issue
- UserOS ULTRA 7.10 – any downloads?
- Inside PC User February 2009 – UserBench Encode 2009 for Windows and Linux!
- New UserOS column coming to Australian PC User!
- USerOS Extreme 9.04 – out now on the October 2009 issue of PC User
- Want more UserOS Home Server?
- UserOS Netbook 8.10 Beta arrives in March 2009 PC User
- Coming up – March 2012 issue of PC User
- PC User’s new Linux operating …
- Install UserOS Netbook 8.10 Beta or Ubuntu onto a USB flash drive