Q&A – How do I best connect up my work’s data projector to my DVD player?
If it’s available, HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is the highest quality option. You’ll need the connect the analog audio outputs of your DVD player to a speaker system though as its unlikely any HDMI-ready projector will offer decent audio.
Failing that, look for component-video outputs on your DVD player and projector, these will give similar quality to HDMI for most lower-resolution (1024×768-pixels or less) models.
If you can’t find that, go for S-video – it’ll give decent results but not as good as the first two.
After that, the last option will be composite-video – it won’t be too bad and is certainly better than nothing at all. Composite-video cables will the cheapest and most convenient option most likely.
For Blu-ray players, you really want to use HDMI if at all possible to maximise quality – the only thing is you may need to purchase an HDMI cable and they don’t come cheap (at least not in Australia) so shop around beforehand.
- Q&A – How do I use a data projector to show movies at home?
- Q&A – Can I connect a Blu-ray player to a projector if it doesn’t have HDMI?
- Q&A – Is it possible to connect my iPhone to my TV or data projector?
- Q&A – Can I use my notebook to watch movies on my TV?
- Q&A – Can I watch Blu-ray movies through a projector that’s not full-HD?
- Q&A – Why are HDMI cables so expensive?
- QUICK TIP: HDMI cables for $6.25 each – where to get them
- REVIEW: Sony BDP-S350 Blu-ray player
- Q&A – How do I get my VHS tapes onto DVD?
- How to get digital on your old CRT TV with no composite video input
- Q&A – How long should a notebook battery last?
- Q&A – I bought a Windows 98 CD online but it won’t boot.
- Q. How do I run multiple commands on the Windows command-line?
- Q. Does AutoRip handle VOB files?
- Q&A – Can I use Wi-Fi to watch movies on my notebook?
- Q&A – Capacitive vs resistive touchscreens – what’s the difference?
- How to play Google’s doodle Pac-man
- Q&A – How do I put footnotes into a Word 2003 document?
- Q&A – Can my computer monitor show 3D movies?
- Q&A – Australian health reform achieves… what exactly?