New benchmark apps coming on PC User February 2011 cover disc
We’ve had quite a few requests over the year to release our PC User UserBench benchmark software. Well, we’re going to go a step further than that. While I don’t want to give the whole surprise away – you’ll have to wait until January 5 when the issue arrives – we’ve included two new benchmarks on the cover disc.
UserBench Encode HD is our new all-purpose benchmark that we’ll use on all new CPUs, motherboards, desktops and notebooks. It tests the system’s ability to encode high-resolution WAV and 720p (1280×720-pixel) video. The final score is referenced against a 2GHz Intel Pentium 4 desktop PC.
However, you’ll also find UserBench AvP – our latest DirectX 11 gaming benchmark. This one uses the Aliens v Predator benchmark demo but gives you a truckload of extra information, allowing you to run any number of tests at a time plus giving you a graphical look at each test run-through.
UserBench AvP even gives you a system component rundown so you know what’s inside your PC.
These are exclusive to the February 2011 issue of PC User, which will be out early in the new year. So if you’ve been waiting to get your hands on PC User’s Australian-built benchmark software, don’t miss your chance!
We’ve already been using both benchmarks over the last couple of months in the magazine so if you want to see how your computer fares against the latest hardware, make sure you get your hands on these benchmarks.
UserBench is the only computer benchmark range designed and built in Australia and is exclusive to Australian PC User magazine.
The February 2011 issue of PC User will go on sale January 5.
- Inside PC User February 2009 – UserBench Encode 2009 for Windows and Linux!
- Last chance to grab PC User UserBench Encode HD for 2011
- UserBench Encode 2009 – on December 2009 PC User’s cover disc
- PC User launches new benchmark for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- Coming up – PC User January 2012 edition
- Is my UserBench Encode 2009 score any good?
- UserBench Encode 2009 for Linux – Update
- Coming up – February 2010 issue of PC User
- Download – UserBench Encode 2009 Linux Edition
- UserBench Encode 2009 – show us your scores!