Solution to I/O error in PC User AutoRip
If you’re running Windows 7 or Vista and have User Account Controls (UAC) switch on, please read on.
The issue occurs when you try to minimise AutoRip to the task tray – an IO error pops up.
SOLUTION: Launch AutoRip by right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting “Run as Administrator”.
A brief test leads us to suspect the issue is to do with UAC not allowing AutoRip permission to access user folders such as My Videos, My Documents etc. Running AutoRip with administrator rights allows the app to run correctly.
We apologise for the issue and hope to have an automated update available shortly.
In the meantime, AutoRip should function normally using this fix.
- PC User AutoRip – Update 234 is out
- New RockPod 4 update – Build 257 – now available
- PC User March 2011 issue – AutoRip
- AutoRip – How Build 221 users get the update
- AutoRip – how to use the latest update
- PC User Ripping & Burning Toolbox 2009 – SP2 update released
- YouGrab 3 update to appear today!
- Troublshooting Ripping & Burning Toolbox 2009 – Run as Administrator
- RockPod 3 Update 513 – fix for Windows 7 64-bit error
- YouGrab 3 now available – Windows, Linux and Mac OS X – August 2010 issue
- Coming up – March 2012 issue of PC User
- Get PC User’s RockPod audio/video encoder – Free!
- Update 279 released for PC User RockPod 5
- Coming up – PC User January 2012 edition
- It’s up! Australian PC User has a new website!
- August 2011 issue of PC User – what’s coming up
- Build your own PC – July 2011 issue of PC User
- Huge month for July 2011 PC User
- Coming up – May 2011 issue of PC User
- Q. Does AutoRip handle VOB files?