In APC magazine Issue 398 (out now in newsagents and available on iOS and Android):
* I look at the new KitKat version of Android (4.4) in my Android Masterclass series and how you can get it now free for a number of phones, even if your telco provider hasn’t released the update yet (HINT: many have updated to Android 4.3 yet!). We look at the upsides, as well as some of the pitfalls.
* In my Arduino Masterclass series… Read more
In the November 2013 issue of APC:
* I take our first in-depth look at Windows 8.1 RTM – the good bits, the bad bits, and the bits too scary to show on national television, plus show you some of its secrets to being a Windows power user.
* If you don’t like Windows 8.1, I look at how you can run Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) on your PC… Read more right now – and gain access to Google Play, even
Those of you who’ve been following my Arduino Masterclass in APC magazine will know I’ve been using the standard Arduino Uno microcontroller board throughout the series.
But we recently received a request from a reader asking if it was possible to get an Arduino to work as a foot-operated mouse button. The answer is yes, and you’ll find it in the October 2013 issue of APC magazine, out now.
We’ve used the new Arduino Pro Micro, a tiny version of… Read more
In this new issue of APC magazine,
* I look at the booming community in building Hacintosh computers (Apple computers build out of standard PC-based hardware) and the hardware that will get you the best build.
* I show you how to create a networked self-tweeting weatherstation using Arduino.
* I continue my ‘Build your own Android ROM… Read more‘ masterclass, looking at the tools you’ll need to make your own Android ROM for your Samsung Galaxy S3, how to add
Some of you may have heard that APC magazine and its sister title, TechLife… Read more, were sold by Bauer Media to the UK publisher, Future Publishing on August 16.
As a result, I suspect there might be at least a change of host server where the sketches for my Arduino projects are stored.
So for a short time, the Arduino sketch for APC September 2013 issue will be posted here.
That means the sketch for the September 2013 issue isn’t up